Black Onyx Bracelet with Howlite Accents
Hand Crafted Black Onyx Bracelet with Howlite Accents are comprised of black onyx beads with howlite accent beads strung with a very strong elastic. Black Onyx is a powerful protection stone that absorbs and transforms negative energy and helps to prevent the drain of personal energy.
- The Hand Crafted Black Onyx Bracelet is comprised of black onyx beads with howlite accent beads strung with a very strong elastic.
- A powerful protection stone, Black Onyx absorbs and transforms negative energy, and helps to prevent the drain of personal energy.
Black Onyx aids the development of emotional and physical strength and stamina, especially when support is needed during times of stress, confusion or grief. Black Onyx fosters wise decision-making.
- Use Black Onyx to encourage happiness and good fortune. Black Onyx helps one to become a master of their own future.
- Black Onyx is a strength-giving stone and can provide support for self-discipline issues.
- Because it helps to hold physical memories, Black Onyx can be useful in healing old wounds or past life issues.
- Black Onyx is wonderful for meditation and dreaming. When using Black Onyx for either of these purposes, it is recommended to use a secondary grounding stone in combination with the Onyx.
What is Black Onyx?
Onyx primarily refers to the parallel banded variety of the silicate mineral chalcedony. Agate and onyx are both varieties of layered chalcedony that differ only in the form of the bands: agate has curved bands and onyx has parallel bands. The colors of its bands range from black to almost every color. Onyx can be found in Uruguay and bordering regions of Brazil, Afghanistan, India, Madagascar, Peru, the US. Baja California and northwest Mexico
- Onyx is an ancient gemstone, having been used in jewelry and as an ornamental gemstone for carvings since antiquity. Onyx has traditionally been one of the most important engraving and cameo gemstones, where its most common form was a black base with a white upper layer. Although still used a minor gemstone today, the significance and value of Onyx has been diminished as compared to ancient times.
- When Onyx is banded black and white, it can be jointly classified as both Agate and Onyx. However, many require Onyx to have banding in roughly parallel lines, whereas other forms of Agate can have wavy or concentric forms of banding.
- Black Onyx – Solid black form of Onyx.
- Onyx Agate – Banded variety of Onyx/Agate with parallel bands of black and white.
- Chemical Formula: SiO2
- Color: White, Black, Banded
- Hardness: 7
- Crystal System: Hexagonal
- Refractive Index: 1.54 – 1.55
- SG: 2.63 – 2.65
- Transparency: Translucent to opaque
- Double Refraction: .009
- Luster: Vitreous
- Cleavage: Indiscernible
- Mineral Class: Quartz (Chalcedony)